It’s like we set out to have all these amazing plans, but end up taking a long afternoon nap in June only to wake up in August just in time for back-to-school shopping!
It never fails…Summer slips right through our fingers.
Well, this week I heard this quote that made me realize that I didn’t want another summer of naps and cartoons (even though I’m sure there will still be plenty of that 🙂 ):
Excuse me while I go cry into my pillow…
These babies are only ours for a few moments.
So this year I’m determined to rock summer by using one of my favorite superpowers…THE ALMIGHTY LIST!
If you’ve been around here very long, you know that I looooooooooooove lists!
There is so much power in writing things down: It gives you visual goals, confirmation of achievements, and it also provides accountability.
Well, this summer I have harnessed all of those benefits into a specific type of list…The Bucket List.
You’ve probably heard that term a bajillion times before…Maybe you even have one of your own.
But if you don’t know what I’m talking about, allow me to explain. A bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you die, or “kick the bucket.”
Well, in an effort to keep summer from dying (as well as to ward off Lorelai’s favorite phrase, “I’m bored”), I spent some time creating this pretty little printable, The Summer Bucket List!
Isn’t that pretty??! No worries…I made you one, too. 🙂
But before we get to that, let’s talk about how you can get those creative juices flowing and come up with things to fill your own list.
HOW TO HAVE THE BEST (screen-free) SUMMER EVER:
1. Get INSPIRED. Jump on Google or Pinterest and check out SUMMER BUCKET LIST IDEAS (You can also find mine below). This is an easy way to get some quick inspiration if you are having a hard time starting from scratch.
2. BRAINSTORM. Grab the family, get some paper and a pen, and set a timer for 10-15 minutes.
***Don’t worry about filtering anyone’s ideas in this step. Did your 4-year old say “Go to the moon???” Then jot that down. Everyone’s voice should be heard.
3. Go through your list and highlight the ones that you know you can make happen. (Maybe you can’t actually go to the moon, but you could probably build rockets and pretend. 🙂 )
Here is how our Summer Bucket List turned out!
4. PRINT out your own copy of the SUMMER BUCKET LIST PRINTABLE and fill it in with the ideas that your family picked.
5. HANG IT where everyone can see it every day and start living life intentionally.
Remember, even if you aren’t intentional, the time is going to pass anyway. So make it count. Make it a summer you can look back on in August and be proud of.
WANT YOUR OWN SUMMER BUCKET LIST PRINTABLE???
I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT!
If you enjoyed what you read today, and could use some more encouragement during this stage of life, then you need to subscribe to my weekly FAB Friday Newsletter.
And make sure to say hello in the comments!